Piece of Life
I love cauliflower! And my children too [actually all cabbages in general, lucky me]. Therefore I don’t deprive myself of it.
I used to simply steam it, that’s how I’ve always known it. But when I read Ottolenghi’s latest book [Flavor, I’ll tell you about it here], I thought it was high time I gave roasted vegetables a try. And that is a fabulous change, veggies have a complete different flavor and they really are amazing.
About roasted cauliflower
Roasted cauliflower is my new favourite thing. You have to try it!
The first time I tried this recipe, I almost ate the whole thing. I just couldn’t stop eating it. The smoky taste of paprika combined with the roasted cauliflower is addictive. You can easily vary the spices; I already have many ideas…
The most time-consuming part of the preparation: washing and cutting the cauliflower. Then you mix everything and pop it in the oven. Easy, fast and delicious!
If you want to continue exploring roasted vegetables, I strongly suggest you try this Ottolenghi recipe: oven-roasted vegetables with caper sauce.
Roasted cauliflower with smoked paprika and sesame seeds
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 to 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- In a bowl, mix the oil, paprika and garlic. Pour over the cauliflower florets and coat evenly with the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the florets on a baking sheet (covered with parchment paper or a silicone mat).
- Cook for 30 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender (but still firm).