We were invited to a friend’s house for New Year’s Eve, and the menu was quite extensive. So when I was asked to bring an appetizer, I wanted to prepare something very fresh but festive. This quinoa salad turned out to be perfect. The freshness of the mint and cucumber, the little lemon pep and especially the little pomegranate balls were a success! To be repeated without any hesitation, this salad is already part of our summer menu (well, I know I’m getting a little carried away, summer is not anytime soon) as an accompaniment to grilled meats or fish.
QUINOA SALAD WITH FETA AND POMEGRANATE
- 1 cup of quinoa dry
- 100 g of feta
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 small cucumber
- 5 leaves fresh mint
- 1/2 lemon pressed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, dice the feta and cucumber and remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Remove the stems from the mint leaves and chop them finely.
- Mix the quinoa, feta, pomegranate, cucumber, and mint in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.