Piece of life
Are you familiar with Italian cheeses ? Parmesan is obviously the most famous, followed closely by mozzarella and gorgonzola. There is also ricotta, mascarpone [essential to make the famous Tiramisù], pecorino and many other kinds of cheese, less known but delicious !
About Gorgonzola Pasta
Talk about an easy recipe ! Pasta and gorgonzola, and that’s it ! Well you will also need a little milk and pepper. But that’s it.
Which gorgonzola to use?
There are two types of gorgonzola : the traditional, and a firmer form called gorgonzola piccante. The latter is more difficult to find outside of Italy, but I sometimes find it in some Italian grocery stores [for Montrealers, you can find it at Milano]. If you don’t know it, I strongly suggest you try it, but it’s aptly named and only venture there if you like strong cheeses.
However, the gorgonzola to choose for this recipe is the classic one, smoother and with a milder taste.
Which pasta to use?
Your choice ! All types of pasta work well with this recipe. I make it with both short and long pasta. The important thing is that the pasta is well coated with the sauce.
Pasta with Gorgonzola
- 1 pack pasta (about 450 g) (of your choice)
- 200 g of gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tbsp of milk
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, roughly chop the Gorgonzola into cubes.
- Put the gorgonzola cubes in a bowl with the milk. Cook for 30 seconds in the microwave. Mix it until you get a creamy sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, pour the sauce over the pasta and coat it well.
- Pepper generously (and according to your taste).