Slice of Life
The Quebec winter is in its 3rd month, and it’s starting to stay for what feels like forever. I can’t wait to see the little flowers coming out and feel the sun getting warmer. However, even if March is here, I know that spring will not really arrive before April [if we are lucky…]. All this to say that I’m a bit tired.
About the Buchty bun
A little brioche recipe, it’s been a long time, huh?! But this one has a little particularity: it doesn’t contain any butter… Instead, the Buchty brioche is made from fresh cream and is of German origin. The result is divine: a soft brioche with little fat and a delicious crumb.
I chose to use the popular Buchty recipe, which I prepared like my other bun recipes [since I don’t have a thermomix], adjusted a tad here and there, and am quite happy with the result. You can try it and tell me what you think
For more inspiration
I chose to use the popular Buchty recipe, which I prepared like my other bun recipes [since I don’t have a thermomix], adjusted a tad here and there, and am pretty happy with the result. You can try it and tell me what you think
- Robot equipped with the hook (or by hand)
- 500 g of flour
- 20 g fresh baker's yeast (or 1 bag of 7g of dry yeast)
- 60 g of sugar
- 100 g of milk
- 200 g of fresh cream
- 2 eggs + a little for the gilding
- 1 pinch of salt
- powdered sugar for decoration
- Warm the milk.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the flour, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the crumbled yeast, then pour in the warm milk. Knead.
- Add the eggs. Knead.
- Add the fresh cream. Knead for about 10 minutes, the dough should be homogeneous and come off the sides.
- Form a ball, cover with a cloth and let rest for 1h30 in a warm place. The dough should double in volume.
- De-gas the dough. Cut it into 12 small pieces of identical size. Place them in an oven dish. Cover again and let rest for about 45 min.
Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Decorate the top of the bun with egg or a little milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let the brioche cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.