Piece of life
When I started the blog, WordPress was a total discovery for me. While trying to improve my page over the months, I unfortunately lost some of the first recipes I published. When I have a little time I try to put them back online. I didn’t even realize this one was lost until yesterday ! But this recipe is so useful that I rushed to get it back to you.
About the easy puff pastry
I try as much as possible to make my own doughs. It is so much better. Especially for puff pastry. As easy as it is in France to find good quality puff pastry at a reasonable price, in Montreal it is more complicated. You can find some, but the quality is not always there and the price is horrifying ! It is much more satisfying to prepare your own. Even if I prefer the regular puff pastry, there are days when a faster version of puff pastry proves to be precious. The recipe is extremely simple and quick [hence the name huh ? ] for a totally good result. This recipe is to put in your little notebooks, it is essential and will save you many times.
Small particularity: we don’t want to integrate the butter completely into the dough. It is therefore normal to have visible pieces of butter.
Even if the dough is ready in a few minutes, it is better to let it rest in the fridge at least 1 hour before using it.
Finally, I usually do 4 simple turns. For details on the turns, everything is detailed in the inverse puff pastry recipe. If you are not in a rush, give it a try, the result is amazing.
Quick and easy puff pastry
- Mixer equipped with a flat beater
- 250 g flour
- 190 g cold butter diced
- 125 mL cold water
- 4 g salt
- Pour the flour, salt and butter into the bowl of the food processor fitted with the flat beater. The butter must be cold (I put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes). Mix for about 2 minutes (you will still have pieces of butter, it's normal).
- Add cold water. Mix for another 2 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place it on a floured counter.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle. Make 4 simple turns (flour your work surface and the dough well, it will stick). For details of that step check the inverse puff pastry recipe.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.