We tested a home delivery service for meal boxes a few weeks ago. But, let’s be honest, I wasn’t really keen on the idea. My passion for cooking did not lead me to this kind of service, but my husband had received a gift card from his employer. Therefore, in this context, we embarked on the discovery of ready-to-cook with Goodfood.
How does it work? You choose the number of meals you are interested in for the week, as well as the number of people. Then you can select the dishes you like according to what is displayed on the menu. You will receive your box, refrigerated, at home (or elsewhere if you prefer) with all the ingredients, grouped by recipe and with the detailed sheet for cooking the dish. In short, it’s a kit dish ?
And I must admit that I was very pleasantly surprised by their offer. The choices are many and varied each week. You will find recipes of all origins: Italian, Mexican, Asian, Oriental, and so many more, as well as vegetarian options. We have made some incredible discoveries. By the way, know that you can find the detailed recipes on their site, but only those that are displayed on the current menu. If you are out of inspiration, you may find some ideas there.
The recipe that I propose to you today has been discovered like that. I adapted it a little from its original version by adding Shiitake mushrooms and adjusting the condiments. It is effortless to make, complete and full of flavour. You can, of course, vary the ingredients by changing the meat for beef, for example, or by using other vegetables.
Anyway, give it a try! I bet it will become one of your favourite recipes.
UDON NOODLES WITH VEGETABLES AND MINCED PORK
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage 600 g approximately
- 300 g of Shiitake mushrooms
- 300 g of fresh baby spinach or frozen
- 500 g ground pork
- 800 g of Udon noodles
- 4 Spring onions sliced, green and white separated
- oil for the pan
For the sauce
- 1/2 thumb of ginger grated
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoon clear soy sauce (low in salt)
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 tablespoon of Mirin
- sesame seeds
- Green part of spring onions sliced
Preparation of the sauce
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, garlic and crushed ginger. Mix well and set aside.
Preparation of vegetables
- Slice the cabbage into thin strips
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Add the cabbage and saute for about 5 minutes, then add the spinach and mushrooms. Continue cooking for 5 minutes. Set aside
Preparing the meat
- In the same pan used to cook the vegetables, add the meat and the white part of the chopped chives. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until the meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Preparation of the noodles
- While preparing the meat, cook the noodles in a large volume of water, as recommended on the package.
- Set aside, and drizzle with a little oil to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- In the pan with the meat, add the vegetables, noodles and sauce.
- Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the noodles are well coated with the sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and spring onion stems.